Tortoise™ is a portable, rugged, high-power transmitter system comprised of dual, independent modules giving the user freedom to transmit on any 2 unique frequency bands simultaneously without the need for expensive and bulky additional transmitters. Tortoise features two dynamically controlled Class A amplifiers for the cleanest signal output and VSWR protection. Tortoise features built-in thermal overheat protection circuitry with quad cooling fans to ensure against overheating during operation. Remote adjustments include power level, channel or frequency assignment and transmit On/Off via USB, RS-232 and Ethernet from anywhere. Optional LTE, UMTS, CDMA or WiMAX Modulators allow Tortoise™ to simulate base station transmissions or DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems) complete with adjustable step sizes, channel bandwidth and user settable ID Cell, Segment and frame lengths.
If you desire a quote, please contact us at +44 (0) 2030 595777.
● CW module combos include frequencies for CDMA, Cellular, PCS, Paging, ETACS, IDEN, SMR, ISM, LMR, UMTS, GSM, LTE, WiMAX, Wi-Fi, AWS & more
● Optional LTE, UMTS, CDMA IS-95 or WiMAX Modulators for base station simulation
● Two independent transmitter module bays
● Power amplifier with continuous adjustable power output ±0.1 dB over 32 dB range
● Water resistant, rugged 18″ x 15″ x 6″ ABS plastic case
● Microprocessor-controlled 640 x 240 LCD with front panel soft-keys or remotely controlled with an internal modem for user programmable modulation schemes, power levels, channels, and frequencies.
● Calibration/Usage integrated hours meter
● VSWR antenna protection and internal forward and reverse measurement
● Quad cooling fans with built-in thermal overheat protection for amplifier
● Battery backed-up SRAM stores all user selectable parameters in the event of a power loss
● Weighs under 20 pounds
● Powered from 110-240 VAC 50-60 Hz
● All parameters can be adjusted remotely via RS-232 or the internal modem or DTMF signaling tones
● Designed and manufactured entirely in the USA
|Display||640 X 240 LCD (1/2 VGA)|
|Stability||Stability better than 1.5 PPM for first year, + for 1 PPM for aging|
|Output Power||Continuous adjustable power output +0.1 dB from 24 dBm to 46.5 dBm|
|Power Adjustments||Continuously adjustable via rotary knob or direct keypad entry in 0.1 dBm increments|
|Remote Control||Control via USB, Ethernet or Serial Port|
|Spurious Output||> 55 dBc|
|Harmonics Output||> 40 dBc|
|Antenna||2 Type N female outputs|
|Power||100 – 240 VAC / 5Aor12-13.2 VDC / 20 A|
|Case Size||18″ x 15″ x 6″|
|OPTIONAL MODULATION:||WiMAX, CDMA, LTE & UMTS MODULATION SUPPORT|
|Modulation Scheme||varies by standard|
|Channel Bandwidths||5 / 10 MHz|
|Frequency||2.5 – 2.7 GHz and 3.4 – 3.7 GHz|
|Step Size||10 / 25 kHz|
|Power Output||10 Watt Class A Output|
|User Selectable||ID CellSegmentFrame Length (2 – 20 mSec)|
- Selectable step sizes of 2.5 kHz, 5 kHz, 15 kHz, 20 kHz, 25 kHz, 50 kHz, 200 kHz
- ***Custom frequencies available upon request***
- Wideband modules do not support optional modulation
- Optional modulation has a maximum power output of 10 Watts
|CHOOSE BETWEEN THESE 2 CW BAND CONFIGURATIONS BELOW:|
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of modulation does Tortoise support?
- Tortoise supports optional, internal (factory installed) modulation for IS-95 CDMA, WiMAX OFDMA, 4G LTE and UMTS. Single and dual band modulation are supported but wideband frequencies are NOT under these modulation schemes.
- What is the maximum power output from Tortoise?
- Tortoise class A amplifiers support up to 25 Watts of output power depending upon frequency and modulation schemes. With any optional modulator installed, the maximum power output is 10 Watts.
- Why won’t my Tortoise turn on when I hook it up to a gas portable generator?
- Certain model generators output an impure noise spike in the AC output. This anomaly has been traced to ignition noise riding on top of the sine waveform. So while this output is fine for most devices requiring AC power, the Tortoise will not turn on because it requires pure regulated AC power. Several model Honda generators have been tested and approved for this application, and also this problem can be easily remedied by simply using an inexpensive AC surge suppressor found in any convenience or hardware store.
- Can Tortoise transmit from 2 modules at the same time?
- Yes. In addtion, two modulated frequencies may also be transmitted simultaneously for independent data streams all from one transmitter housing.